Thursday, May 13, 2010

Seasonal Tablesettings

Winter Tablesetting



There are so many beautiful dinnerware patterns available that it can be hard to make a decision when making purchases. I'm an advocate of changing pillows, accessories and even artwork with the seasons. In the last year I've even started changing my dinnerware with the seasons.
Over the years I collected dinnerware for the holidays. I bring it out the week after Thanksgiving and use it until New Year's Day. On the patio in the summer I would use my everyday dishes or paper plates. A few years ago I was walking through Walmart and saw some plastic turquoise plates that I liked and decided to purchase them for outdoor parties. Not only would they look pretty, but, I wouldn't have to go out and buy paper plates every time I entertained and would also be keeping waste out of the landfills.

Spring/Summer Dinnerware



If you like this idea, but, don't want to make a large investment choose a collection that has several patterns in it. For example, the spring/summer dinnerware above is a collection from Villeroy & Boch called French Garden. Within that collection are different patterns from which to choose. They all have the green, yellow & off white base. Some of them are plain in the middle of the plate, some have a fruit pattern, some have a plain bordered edge,as shown, and some have a basket weave patterned edge. By having several patterns within the same collection you can mix up the patterns to have a different look every time you set the table.


Summer Patio



Being outdoors is fun and refreshing. Colorful dinnerware works beautifully with outdoor greenery and summer flowers. Use an oversized cloth napkin instead of a placemat for a background that enhances the whole table.

No comments:

Post a Comment