Monday, May 24, 2010

Wild Flowering Vines & Bushes


Honeysuckle vines & wild rose bushes grow along the edge of the woods on our property. This time of year they give off strong, yet delecate, sweet scents which add a lovely touch of spring to our yard.


The flower of the wild rose bush doesn't look like a rose. The stems, though, do have the recognizeable thorns. The scent now is almost gone, but, a few weeks ago the sweetness was smelled throughout the yard. I think they smell much sweeter than a regular rose or it might just be because the bush produces so many small flowers.















The honeysuckle vine has been a favorite of mine since I was a child. The scent permeates through the whole yard and I inhale deeply to get the full effect. In my opinion it is one of the most intoxicating scents I have ever smelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment