Saturday, July 31, 2010

Barbara Barry Chair


While browing the internet recently looking for dining chairs for a client I came across this chair designed by Barbara Barry. It was love at first site. Every now and then a piece of furniture catchs my eye and I can't get the image out of my mind. That's what happened with this chair. It has classic lines, but, Barbara Barry has refined it to give it an updated modern look without sacrificing the traditional feel of the chair. The soft blue grey color works well with the soft lines of the chair. The tufting and the way the fabric wraps around the top of the legs gives the chair a feminine look. It would look great paired with a lady's writing desk.
I'm keeping this picture on file and hope that one day soon I'll find a place to use it in my home.

1 comment: